After breaking ground earlier this year, the new Chicago headquarters for third-party logistics company C.H. Robinson has made considerable progress on the east bank of the Chicago River’s rapidly-evolving North Branch Industrial Corridor. Situated on a four-acre parcel once occupied by the Gutmann Leather Tannery at 1515 N. Webster Avenue, the Skidmore, Owings & Merrill-designed building has reached its full four-story height thanks to a pair of recently-removed terrestrial and barge-based construction cranes.
Expected to open in late 2018, the 200,000-square-foot C.H. Robinson project is essentially the first piece of a greater riverfront office campus in the works by Sterling Bay. The West Loop-based developer has amassed almost 60 acres of land along the North Branch corridor including large parcels such as the City of Chicago’s 18-acre Department of Fleet and Facility Management complex, the 28-acre former site of A. Finkl and Sons Steel Co, and the former Lakin tire recycling plant.